Non payment of the amount of cheque.

Hello, my query is as follows:- I have taught a 10th std. student at my home for 10 months for which a nominal fee was incurred upon the parents of student. Parents have not paid any fee but instead drew a cheque in my name. Anyhow they are still adamant on delaying the payment further and denying the possibility of clearing of cheque. What legal action can I take regarding this?

Answers (3)

66 votes

if you have signed cheque of the fees then first of all you should present this cheque for the purpose of payment in your bank account. if this cheque has been dishonour due to the reason of insufficient fund or any other reason then you should send legal notice to the person who has issued and signed this cheque within 15 Days from the receipt of memo of bank wherein you should give time to make payment of cheque amount within 15 Days . if that person failed to payment then after completion of the period of notice you can file a petition under section 138 Negotiable Instrument Act. I hope that you will get all the answers to your query. still you want to consult with me then you can contact me for further assistance and advice on my contact number through the administrator of this website

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

65 votes

if the case has bounced or dishonoured, you can proceed under negotiatiable instrument Act.

if the parents have not made any payment and are withholding the cheque or asking you to not encash the cheque then in that circumstance you can send a legal notice to them through their lawyer

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
82 votes

your query is you taught a 10th standard student at your home for 10 month with minimum fees was inoccurred upon the parents of students
parents have not paid any fees but instead drew cheque name further and now deniing

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles