Non payment of the amount of cheque.

Hello, my query is as follows:- I have taught a 10th std. student at my home for 10 months for which a nominal fee was incurred upon the parents of student. Parents have not paid any fee but instead drew a cheque in my name. Anyhow they are still adamant on delaying the payment further and denying the possibility of clearing of cheque. What legal action can I take regarding this?

if you have signed cheque of the fees then first of all you should present this cheque for the purpose of payment in your bank account. if this cheque has been dishonour due to the reason of insufficient fund or any other reason then you should send legal notice to the person who has issued and signed this cheque within 15 Days from the receipt of memo of bank wherein you should give time to make payment of cheque amount within 15 Days . if that person failed to payment then after completion of the period of notice you can file a petition under section 138 Negotiable Instrument Act. I hope that you will get all the answers to your query. still you want to consult with me then you can contact me for further assistance and advice on my contact number through the administrator of this website

if the case has bounced or dishonoured, you can proceed under negotiatiable instrument Act.

if the parents have not made any payment and are withholding the cheque or asking you to not encash the cheque then in that circumstance you can send a legal notice to them through their lawyer

your query is you taught a 10th standard student at your home for 10 month with minimum fees was inoccurred upon the parents of students
parents have not paid any fees but instead drew cheque name further and now deniing