Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal remedy as cheque bounce defaulter not replying to legal notice

Sir, I need your guidance in my case. As I got a cheque on 11.01.18 of Rs 2,00,000 & it was bounced then after 5 days I issued a notice against the drawer of the cheque. Since then it has been 2 months approx. but the drawer has niether answered to my notice nor given intimation to return my hard earned money back. I also informed the local police station but they said please wait for some more time. Sir I just want your advice as to how this matter should be solved now as the 45 days time limit from the date of dishonour has passed. So please kindly guide me I will be highly obliged to you sir.

Answers (3)

My dear friend first of all pls tell me one thing on which date you send the notice.and on which date you receive the acknowledgment receipt of that notice.the provisions of negotiable instrument after 15days the receipt the notice which is sent by the payee if drawer of cheque does not refund the said amount payee can file a case against him. Second thing don't go to police they all making you fool police have no power to interrupt this type of cases.do one thing consult your lawyer as soon as possible once your limitation is over it's very difficult to filed your case in court so plz don't waste your time consult with your lawyer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

is notice issued by you is legal notice by anu lawyer or by yourself.
you can file case under 138 negotiable intrument act or in 420 indian penal code against drawer in court. complete all process in time limit is very necessary.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
5 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience

You will have to file a criminal case u/s 138 of Indian Negotiable Instrument Act within 45 days of notice served.No police will halp you and they will advice the same.If you belong to Indore contact me through Lawrato

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Cheque Bounce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 104 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Cheque Bounce issue
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice

4.7 | 83 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2500
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Send a legal notice through an experienced advocate
Similar questions

I recently joined a coaching institute 2 months ago who promised to train doctors for an entrance exam for the UK. The course fee was 3 lakh rupees. I…

Read More

Dear Sir, Yesterday i met with SSP for loding FIR against who issued two cheques each of one lac of closed account knowingly in 2011 and he refused fo…

Read More

Mr. A has given a Gwalior branch cheque to me which i presented at my dehradun bank branch and got dishonoured here. Now i have filed a case at dehrad…

Read More

Hello Sir, One of my fried took 1 lack from a guy who is involved in betting and give money to play satta in matches, he is having my cheque as guaran…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue