I gave a check to somebody to help them in year 2018 just to show them

13-May-2024 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
I gave a check to somebody to help them in year 2018 just to show to their husband to save her from a issue now suddenly they call and threaten me to give the amount mentioned in the check else they will put a check bounce case . Can somebody let me know is this possible , because the check is also old and I dont owe them any money

Answer #1
Approach us we will help you out from this cheque bounce case and we will send a legal notice to them and they have to prove that you took the amount from them and you approach us we have positive signs and we will file a case and also we can win the case
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
hi if they had filed any cheque bounce case against you saying that you are liable for payment then you could defend the case on the ground that there is no legally enforceable debt between the parties
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
basing upon this case:

1. whether any date was mentioned on the cheque given by you .

2.whether it was blank cheque with ur signature or without any signature.

if so Response to Threats:
You can inform the person that the cheque is no longer valid and you do not owe them any money. If they continue to threaten you, consider sending a formal notice denying any debt and explaining the situation.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
you can call me tomorrow. I will guide you through this issue. no need to hesitate to contact me.
I will clear your problem. or you can come to my office for further information clarification about your issue..
Helpful? LawRato LawRato