How to file the case against my company owner for bounced cheque?

Hello sir , I was working a pvt ltd.firm for last nine month.My company was winding up without any intimation.I was call form salary .My company owner was given a payment by cheque on date 14-9-2015. But my cheque was bounce. I am call to the company ower. my company was not pick my phone . i am filing case against my company owner in the negotiable instrument act. Please tell me how to file case .

Answers (3)

107 votes

you have two choice first negotiable instrument act 1881 and second one is recovery both can be filled but before the company windup. in that company has to show that he has clear all his dispute regarding this in that you can show that you have balance to this company by way of salary.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

144 votes

Hire a lawyer in this regard. You need that particular cheque, previous salary slips or any other proof to show that you were in employment. Before everything else you need to send a legal notice( through a lawyer) to the company withing 20 days from date date of bouncing of cheque. Unless you do this, you wont have a case. Rest hire a lawyer and take guidance.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
345 votes

It is advisable to have a lawyer in such cases if the cheque amount is substantial. You need to first send a legal notice demaning payment and if the payment is not made within stipulated time then you have to file a case under 138 NIA.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles