How to file for a cheque bouncing case

A client had given me a PDC cheque for a certain amount before the commencement of our buz relationship 2 yrs back . Based on that PDC due credit was extended over the years. He is now refusing to make the payment . Can such a case be filed under NIA after his cheque gets bounced ? Can an FIR be separately lodged under suitable section which is non bailable ? Can he be booked for criminal breach of trust , dishonesty , cheating ?

Answers (2)

228 votes

it has to be seen when the cheque is bounce if the date is two years prior you cant file it in NI act if you have cheque in which date is not mentioned then you have an option to avail this remedy under this act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

153 votes

Well If cheque has no date then you may put current date and can get the cheques bounced, no need to tell that said cheques were given two years back. NI FIR is required just file cheque bounce complaint before the appropriate court, you will certainly get relief.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles