How to do out of court settlement in a cheque bounce case

Sir/Madam, in one of the cheque bounce case, we both the parties have decided settlement amount in front of complainant's lawyer (out of court). He said after paying 50% to the opposite party by us, the lawyer will do 'pursusis'. Is it required to take this settlement in 'writing' ? or we should trust the opposite lawyer? We may pay in a day or two.. The opposite lawyer tells us 'written settlement' is not required.

Answers (2)

247 votes

Make the settlement deed on Rs.100/- stamp paper in the interest of both the parties. If the opposite lawyer can also denied the verbal settlement and can continue the case by asking the full amount with interest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

93 votes

You can Settlement content with both parties outside court but you should inform to court. And then complaints file widrow purshis before court. otherwise settlement in court consent with court.

Atul faldu, Advocate, Rajkot

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles