Forged signature on stolen cheque

An FIR was lodged against my friend for cheque bouncing and he was arrested for couple of days before he could get bail. The friend says the cheque was stolen from him and his signatures were forged by the party who filed FIR. Can my friend lodge counter FIR and what's the remedy?

your friend should have reported the matter as and when the cheque was lost. but it seems he has not. but he still can file the complaint or ask for investigation into the matter in the FIR in question. one need to go through the dealings between the bearer of the cheque and your friend for complete understanding of the matter and advise.