Forged signature on stolen cheque

An FIR was lodged against my friend for cheque bouncing and he was arrested for couple of days before he could get bail. The friend says the cheque was stolen from him and his signatures were forged by the party who filed FIR. Can my friend lodge counter FIR and what's the remedy?

Answers (1)

133 votes

your friend should have reported the matter as and when the cheque was lost. but it seems he has not. but he still can file the complaint or ask for investigation into the matter in the FIR in question. one need to go through the dealings between the bearer of the cheque and your friend for complete understanding of the matter and advise.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles