Cheque Bounce under 50000Rs, advice for legal action

In Cheque Bounce Law
A person gave me a payment through Cheque. But the Cheque is Bounced. what legal action I can take against him.

Answers (3)

176 votes

You will first need to send him a legal notice and if he does not comply within the specified time period then you can file a criminal case against him.
However since your amount is 50,000, your legal expense may turn out to be more. Hence, I recommend sending a legal notice. The opposite party may come to settlement terms.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

105 votes

there is only one option to send the notice by advocate under section 138 of the Negotiable Instrument Act if the opposite party fails to make any arrangement of the payment then you can then you can under section 138 of the Negotiable Instrument Act address for this law there is punishment for two years and you can also get compensation toys than the amount of the cheque which is dishonoured

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
257 votes

u can sent him legal notice for the procedure of cheque bouncing
An offence under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 is committed no sooner a cheque drawn by accused on an account being maintained by him in a bank for discharge of debt/liability is returned unpaid for insufficiency of funds or for the reason that the amount exceeds the arrangemen.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles