Cheque bounce, how I recover money from party?

My party give me a cheque, but it bounced two times, how can I recover my money legally?

Answers (3)

230 votes

I have been through your query but for answering you in a better way I need a few more details. Some key details are missing in the query and as such its not possible to guide you in a legal manner.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes

Procedure for filing a Cheque bounce case U/S 138 of the N.I Act.

At first send a legal notice through advocate within 30 days of such Cheque bouncing by mentioning 15 days time limit. After lapse of 15 days if no payment has been received then you can file a complaint before the magistrate court under section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act within 30 days from the expiry of 15 days of time limit.

but without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
184 votes

to recover your money you need to send legal notice to your party and thereafter you have to lodge complaint according to n.i. act. all these is to be done within the 45 days for the date of dishonour of cheque or else you can file money suit to make recovery of your amount if you only have proper documents.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles