Can I go abroad if a Cheque bounce case is going on ?

08-Jul-2024 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
I have a cheque bounce case ongoing in court for the past year, and now I wish to leave India on my wife's dependent visa. What further implications might I face if I cannot attend the court trial while abroad, and are there chances of a legal order compelling my return if discovered overseas?

Answer #1

If you will not attended the court hearing, the court will first issue bailable, then non bailable warrant, person who stood surety will be noticed and he will be asked to deposit the surety amount and finally will declare you PO and will order for attachment of your property in India, file criminal case against You .
Whenever you will come back to India Police will arrest you.
Getting you back depends upon country to country but it’s very difficult.

Thanks
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
Yes. No FIR is registered in NI Act Sec. 138. However, in police complaint problem may arise. Do it before passport n visa are seized on complaint by the person to whom you have issued the cheque. It always better to settle your case m them leave the country
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
In case of Cheque Bounce cases..there is provision of punishment and fine if you are proved guilt. So, if possible then it is better to compromise with the Complainant and thereafter proceed to abroad. By such act, no criminal case will be pending against you.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
Without court permission you can not leave India
If you leave India without court permission than court can cease your passport and you will be in the jail till trail conduct
For further query contact lawrato
Helpful? LawRato LawRato