A friend borrowed 5 lacs gave a cheque of 50000 which got bounced

Hello sir One of my friend took 5lakhs rupees in month of August 2017 as hand loan .he neglected paying back till december there is no response.in jan he has given a and submitted one cheque for 50000 partial payment .when we go to the bank it was dishnoured Please let us know how we need to proceed legally. And it was really fed up for us to recover money Please say us the solution to punish him legally Regards 

Answers (5)

182 votes

send him legal notice
then file 138 NI act case

and file another case IPC 420 and 406 against him

138 cheque bounce case
420 cheating
406 breach of trust

If you file all the above he will automatically comes for settlement

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

281 votes

You can send legal notice immediately to your friend and file a complaint against him under section 138 of Negotiable instruments Act for cheque bounce and also claim rest of amount through recovery of money suit.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
223 votes

Hello Sir,

Is there any agreement between you and your friend about its repayment, did you collected any security for it, if not you can do one thing, please take his signature on the promissory note, so that you can recover the amount. Now what you can do is sent him a legal notice U/sec. 138 of N.I.Act within 30 days from the date of cheque bounce, then you can able to file criminal complaint against him.

130 votes

Issue notice immediately within 30 days from the date you recived memo from the bank. Get the notice issued by Advocate to avoid any mistakes. Give him 15 days time for payment. If there is no reply from the defaulter file case within 30 days from the date of expiry of time given to the defaulter. THis time periods are crucial called as limitation period in law. Second option is to file a criminal complaint directly in court for cheating. Third option to file a civil case for recovery of money. Fourth is give a complaint to police for cheating.

99 votes

Sir immediately issue a demand legal notice by an advocate .If he doesn't repay you can file cheque bounce case against him which is a criminal case , and you can get the cheque amount in quick time.But issuance of legal notice prior to filing of case is mandatory.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles