Legal remedy as court issued NBW

I am banker and a witness to succession certificate application filed by petitioner. The court issued summon and I failed to appear due to unavoidable reasons. However I didnt eqnuire about the next hearing and I failed to appear once again. Court issued NBW against me. Please guide.

Answers (2)

336 votes

Dear Client,
From the facts narrated by you, it appears that there is some mismatch. In Civil cases NBW is never issued and especially in succession matters.
Better option would be to consult the nearest advocates and take the proper consultation. Also try to find out more details about the hearing in Courts.

Expert jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

64 votes

The court called you as a witness, you failed to appeared in court therefore court issue NBW against you. Now you can apply for cancellation of NBW before same court. If required you have to provide surety.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles