One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Ernakulam - Advocate Thomas Geeverghese

Advocate Thomas Geeverghese

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 3.7 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoParamara Temple Road, Ernakulam
LawRato16 years Experience
Practice Areas
Cheque Bounce, Civil, Court Marriage, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, NCLT, Property, Recovery, RERA, Succession Certificate
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil
Advocate Thomas Geeverghese has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Thomas provides services in various field of civil laws, family law, consumer cases, landlord/tenant matters, revenue related matters, arbitration matters, matrimonial related matters and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Thomas enrolled with the Bar Council of Kerela in 2008. He is a member of the High Court Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : K/495/2008
  • Debts Recovery Tribunal (DRT) Ernakulam
  • District and Sessions Court, Ernakulam
  • District Court, Ernakulam
  • Kerala High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Ernakulam

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Thomas Geeverghese. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Thomas Geeverghese

Q: Fair value not fixed due to pattayam not available

Sir, My father bought this property(4.5 cent land) on 1979,we are paying land tax & building tax , and also having munnadaram registered in 1950 & also having possession and non attachment certificate from 1981,1994,2010.My father passed away 5 years back, now I want to sell this property, but fair value is not fixed, showing 1 ( government property), when I asked village officer he saying that he need pattayam document. What shall I do. Plz help.

Advocate Thomas Geeverghese answered
You can sell the property even without fixation of fair value. stamp duty can be paid on the basis of money declared by yoy in the sale deed. for the registrar to accept the sale deed without fair value, you have to file a writ in high court.

Q: Procedure to open under protest account before filing suit

I want to file suit against Nationalized bank, but before that i want to open an account "under protest" and deposit entire outstanding amount. .I therefore require correct procedure to open this account. The bank has declared me as an absconding person and a willful defaulter, as i met with an accident & was bed ridden for some time, This was revealed from their own communications with their head office. This fact came out since I filed RTI applications. During my illness, the agent from bank manager use to visit me for bribing against settling of my dues. Your assistance will help me a lot.

Advocate Thomas Geeverghese answered
Filing a suit against the bank is never a good idea. In fact, the proper forum/court for filing such a case is, itself unclear in the present legal scenario. Munsiff's courts frown at such cases, for want of jurisdiction. Some Consumer Forums do entertain cases against the bank, but others dont (like Ernakulam District Consumer Forum). It is because of the lacuna in law caused after the legislation of SARFAESI Act. Therefore, it is better to settle the dispute with the bank, at the earlier, before your debt spirals into a monster.

Q: How to get back the property from government

We built a house on the land according to all village office rules & permissions.Even got loan on that property back 15 years.They allowed to pay Pro.Taxes up to Re-Survey. Last 10 years village office not receiving the Tax as well.its under co-operation of thrissur now.There is any chance to win back the property ownership from government in this grounds.

Advocate Thomas Geeverghese answered
You have to file a civil suit against the government in the local Munsiff's Court. You could also approach the Kerala High Court against non-acceptance of property tax by the Village Office, without hearing you or notifying about you, regarding cancellation of mutation of your property

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Thomas Geeverghese

Can Advocate Thomas Geeverghese represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Thomas Geeverghese can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Thomas Geeverghese?

When you meet with Advocate Thomas Geeverghese for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Thomas Geeverghese?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Thomas Geeverghese, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Thomas Geeverghese?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Thomas Geeverghese, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Thomas Geeverghese?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Thomas Geeverghese regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Thomas Geeverghese?

The cost of hiring Advocate Thomas Geeverghese can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.