What is the process for Will registration?
Where do I need to go to get my mother's will registered in delhi and what is the process?
The process of will registration is quite simple and easy. Registration requires that the person writing the will and the witnesses have appeared before the registering officers who would verify their identity and attest the same.
A will does not have any format and require no stamp duty. For its validity it must be signed and witnessed by two witnesses as already mentioned.
The will should be registered in the office of the sub-registrar of the district in which the testator resides.
So in your case, the will shall be registered in the office of the sub-registrar of the district in Delhi where your mother resides.
Advocate Kasturi SharmaKeshavpuram, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What certificates are required to open a hookah lounge
- Divorce case will start soon. How can i get visitation rights to her?
- Property purchased though sale deed already gifted what can I do
- legal laws regarding sell of sex toys
- How much time does it take to get an Injunction order