quesWhat is the process for Will registration?

Where do I need to go to get my mother's will registered in delhi and what is the process?

  • ansThe process of will registration is quite simple and easy. Registration requires that the person writing the will and the witnesses have appeared before the registering officers who would verify their identity and attest the same.
    A will does not have any format and require no stamp duty. For its validity it must be signed and witnessed by two witnesses as already mentioned.
    The will should be registered in the office of the sub-registrar of the district in which the testator resides.
    So in your case, the will shall be registered in the office of the sub-registrar of the district in Delhi where your mother resides.

    Advocate Kasturi Sharma

      Keshavpuram, Delhi

  • Draft a legal Will At Home with the help of experienced and verified lawyers in your vicinity. Check out LawRato's [email protected] Service for more details
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

A piece of land has been gifted as will to my wife from her maternal…
My family is Hindu. My father died last month. My mother said that my father…
According to Indian law, if a person has executed a Will and after a year…

Will is already got probated now we missed the probate copy recently need to get…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly