What is the process for Will registration?

Where do I need to go to get my mother's will registered in delhi and what is the process?

The process of will registration is quite simple and easy. Registration requires that the person writing the will and the witnesses have appeared before the registering officers who would verify their identity and attest the same.
A will does not have any format and require no stamp duty. For its validity it must be signed and witnessed by two witnesses as already mentioned.
The will should be registered in the office of the sub-registrar of the district in which the testator resides.
So in your case, the will shall be registered in the office of the sub-registrar of the district in Delhi where your mother resides.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers