×

quesSettlement Aadharam and Dhana Nischayam

In a document where my father has given off his ancestral property to me, it is specified as "Dhana Nischayam". My father got this property from his mother. The document which writes the property to my fathers name specifies it as "Settlement Aadharam". Is there any difference between the two?

• ansDhana nischayam literally means commitment of wealth by one person to another by way of a Gift. In your case he has given his share of property to you by means of a gift deed. Aadharam is a document written by an authorized licensee in a stamp paper as per the value of land and registered in registrar office about the transaction made to a property.