quesRight of married daughter on her mothers ancestral property

My Mom 87 died 13.4.14,we are 5 bro & 3 sis.Inherited property now in name of only brothers 1Do we daughters have a right in the property,in which circumstances we do not. 2how do we know the mode of transfer? 3can my mother when alive transfer the property in the name of brothers through sale deed/gift deed/register in their name/or in any other way without the consent of the daughters . can this be challenged . 4in case there is a will in name of sons - do we daughters have any claim (in probate case what ?) 5in case if it is can the discrimination done by my mother be challenged .

• ansWomen now have an equal share in the ancestral property of the family and therefore the share of a daughter and a son is on par. This of course assumes that you are a family of Hindus.

However, if the property was self acquired and not inherited from your ancestors then your mother is entitled to dispose of it in any manner. If it is ancestral property then you should file a suit for partition to claim your share.

Click here
    to find the best Property lawyer in your city.

• ansYes u have ur right in that property or if thr is any deed u can challenge it n u can ask for partition

Advocate Amit Rathi

Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansAs far as right concern u have the right.
    As far as sale or release deed by mother's papers have to be looked into. Can be challenge.
    Probate can be granted to only beneficiary. Can be challenge. For all these family history as well all relevant papers have to be gone through.
    Regards

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune