quesRight of married daughter on her mothers ancestral property

My Mom 87 died 13.4.14,we are 5 bro & 3 sis.Inherited property now in name of only brothers 1Do we daughters have a right in the property,in which circumstances we do not. 2how do we know the mode of transfer? 3can my mother when alive transfer the property in the name of brothers through sale deed/gift deed/register in their name/or in any other way without the consent of the daughters . can this be challenged . 4in case there is a will in name of sons - do we daughters have any claim (in probate case what ?) 5in case if it is can the discrimination done by my mother be challenged .

  • ans

    Women now have an equal share in the ancestral property of the family and therefore the share of a daughter and a son is on par. This of course assumes that you are a family of Hindus.

    However, if the property was self acquired and not inherited from your ancestors then your mother is entitled to dispose of it in any manner. If it is ancestral property then you should file a suit for partition to claim your share.


    Click here to find the best Property lawyer in your city.

  • ansYes u have ur right in that property or if thr is any deed u can challenge it n u can ask for partition

    Advocate Amit Rathi

      Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansAs far as right concern u have the right.
    As far as sale or release deed by mother's papers have to be looked into. Can be challenge.
    Probate can be granted to only beneficiary. Can be challenge. For all these family history as well all relevant papers have to be gone through.

    Advocate Pramod Kale

      District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My family (Hindu) consists of two brothers n two sisters,at present all are married. My…

Hello! I am pursuing engineering as my problem is My Father is having problem regarding…
I am the Karta of my HUF situated in Delhi. We all co-parceners have no…
There is a property on my grand father. My grand father has two son. One…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly