quesNotice period before demolishing illegal construction.

In my town Bangermau, District Unnao (Uttar Pradesh), on Nanamau Road, all houses and shops have been built few meters beyond their limits and hence they are very close to the main road. On January 6, 2015, there was a sudden order to demolish all such constructions to make way for new broader road construction, without any prior notice. All houses and shops were immediately demolished, leading to loss of lakhs of rupees and property. My question is: Does not the rule provide for any notice period which can be used by the residents to prepare for such actions.

  • ansA construction which is legal or illegal to be demolished only by issuing notice to the builders is a normal course of law. The sudden order to demolish all such constructions to make way for new broader road construction, without any prior notice is a illegal one and not sustainable in the eye of law. Solution : File a damage suit against the authority who demolish the construction.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, I am planning to buy 5 cents of land in Trivandrum. The owner says…
I bought a property 20 yrs back along with my colleagues. Their part of land…
Please suggest me When my father age was 6-8 year my grandfather was dead. After…

My mother and her 3 sisters have an ancestral house which is occupied by 2…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly