×

quesNotice period before demolishing illegal construction.

In my town Bangermau, District Unnao (Uttar Pradesh), on Nanamau Road, all houses and shops have been built few meters beyond their limits and hence they are very close to the main road. On January 6, 2015, there was a sudden order to demolish all such constructions to make way for new broader road construction, without any prior notice. All houses and shops were immediately demolished, leading to loss of lakhs of rupees and property. My question is: Does not the rule provide for any notice period which can be used by the residents to prepare for such actions.

• ansA construction which is legal or illegal to be demolished only by issuing notice to the builders is a normal course of law. The sudden order to demolish all such constructions to make way for new broader road construction, without any prior notice is a illegal one and not sustainable in the eye of law. Solution : File a damage suit against the authority who demolish the construction.