quesHow to inherit property of grandfather's brother who has no heirs

My Grandfather had 3 brothers. Out of them one brother was taken care of by my father throughout his life.

Now he expired without any Will and without any heirs.

How can we legally get all his property and not give any share to the remaining 2 brothers as they did not do anything for him when he was alive.

  • ans

    As we understand your situation, 

    It is that you and your father only took care of the grandfather's cousin who died without Will and without any legal heirs. Now you wish to divest his share to yourself as no other cousin of your grandfather helped you to take care of him.

    Our inference of your situation is that,

    There is no law that provides that the share should be divested to you as you took care of him/her.

    The only possible outcome of your problem is that the property will be equally divided amongst the remaining cousins of the grandfather and grandfather.

    Thereafter you will be entitled from the share of your grandfather.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi I am sc ,and want to buy a plot in Bangalore from a general…

I have sold flat which was co-owned by my mother along with me in Oct-2016…
I bought a flat 4 years back in resale. Registry done, later on realized that…
Property in mumbai joint owners dad n chachi,legal heirs mom n me,chachi has no legal…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ekta Mehta

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly