quesHow to claim rights in my grandfather's property?

I have a property dispute with my father regarding an ancestral property. My grandfather has given two plots to my father and my father has constructed a building in each plot and is earning rents of approximately 80000 rupees per month. My grandfather passed away 18 years ago.


My grandfather had one acre cultivation land which was sold by my father after the death of my grandmother in 2006 without my permission. He sold the land for 1.43 crores and had invested the money in other lands.


Now, I am asking my father for my grandfather's property but my father is denying to give my rights over the property. What rights do I have on that property and how can I claim the same.


  • ans


    The Father, being the Kartha of the joint family, has limited powers to alienate the ancestral property only for the legal necessity and meet out on family requirements without permission of his children.


    3 years is the time limit to challenge the sale of an ancestral property. If you can convince the court within the legal parameters, that till recently you possessed no knowledge about the sale of ancestral property, then the court may allow you to belatedly challenge the sale.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

my Father boought a piece of land 20 years ago but he did not get…
Hi, I want to open a dog cafe in Pune and thus I want to…
my father was expired before my grand father.my father's younger brother tried to cheat us.He…
Will it be legal if I transfer the immovable property that I own to my…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly