quesHow to claim rights in my grandfather's property?

I have a property dispute with my father regarding an ancestral property. My grandfather has given two plots to my father and my father has constructed a building in each plot and is earning rents of approximately 80000 rupees per month. My grandfather passed away 18 years ago.

My grandfather had one acre cultivation land which was sold by my father after the death of my grandmother in 2006 without my permission. He sold the land for 1.43 crores and had invested the money in other lands.

Now, I am asking my father for my grandfather's property but my father is denying to give my rights over the property. What rights do I have on that property and how can I claim the same.

The Father, being the Kartha of the joint family, has limited powers to alienate the ancestral property only for the legal necessity and meet out on family requirements without permission of his children.

3 years is the time limit to challenge the sale of an ancestral property. If you can convince the court within the legal parameters, that till recently you possessed no knowledge about the sale of ancestral property, then the court may allow you to belatedly challenge the sale.