Father wishes to sell his share in land but brothers not allowing.
My father bought a piece of land with his 3 brothers. The land bought was in Uttrakhand. We are staying in Delhi. Now my father asked his brothers to buy his share or let him sell his share in the property. But his brothers are not letting him do that. How should we proceed if my father wishes to sell his share in the land?
Your father can only file the partition suit aganist the brothers. After partition of the property he can sell the same ,else he can contact a builder to buy his undivided share and the builder can file the suit for him and take the 1/4th share of the property
The short answer to your query is to file a suit for partition
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
You father does not need the permissions of your brothers to sell his share if the brothers have refused to buy it. He can go ahead and sell it.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
Your father can. Only file gte partition suit aganist the brothers .after partition of the property he can sell the same ,else he can contact a builder to buy his undivided share and the builder can file the suit for him and take the 1/4th share of the property
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Uncle did fraud and made a fraud Will of grandmother what to do
- Foreign court passed a divorce judgment. Can i remarry in India now?
- How much time and procedure to convert LLP to company?
- Property transfer to be stopped as brother not giving others share due
- Updating the property card.