How to compromise case of 498A under Muslim Laws
Legal advise on how to close the IPC 498A Case in the court as per the provision of muslim personnel law on the basis of compromise. If the lady is ready for settlement of case how to close the IPC 498A case in court without any further issues.
Criminal laws do not differentiate between personal laws. Process is same. First you file a petition in High Court with a copy of agreement to settle and withdrawal of the complaint. Both parties need to file a petition Once High Court permits quashing of FIR the orders will have to be filed in Court where 498A case is going on
Advocate Wg Cdr Mohammed Mujeeb (Retd)Supreme Court, Delhi
As 498A is not compoundable, you will have to file for quashing of FIR u/s 482 of CrPC before the concerned High Court stating that the parties have settled the matter amicably. The HC will then quash the FIR and the matter will be over.
Advocate Anas Tanwir SiddiqiZakhir Nagar West, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is divorce compulsory for second marriage in Islam
- Unable to pay for credited securities. What to do?
- What are the laws regarding video recordings in India
- Am I eligible for gratuity if I worked for 4 years in a company
- Can land acquisition compensation be paid to GPA holder