Person appointed for particular job and did not complete it. Remedy?
I appoint a guy to work on my website on 15 Jan 2014. He promised me to complete it within 15 days but till now i have not got my website fully working. We have lots of mail & telephonic conservation but I don't have any written contract with him.
Please guide me how can I take any legal action against him?
We suggest you to send a Legal notice to the guy through a lawyer, thereby directing him to complete your website.
If he fails to complete your website, then the option available is to file consumer complaint under Consumer Protection Act 1986, in respect of the services that suffer from any deficiency.
The term deficiency has been defined under Section 2(1)(g) of the Act, which mean means any fault, imperfection, shortcoming or inadequacy in the quality, nature and manner of the performance which is required to be maintained by or under any law for the time being in force or has been undertaken to be performed by a person in pursuance of a contract or otherwise in relation to any service.
The deficiency may be in quality, nature or manner of performance-
1. Which is required to be maintained by or under any law for the time being in force.
2. Which has bee undertaken to be performed by a person in pursuance of a contract or otherwise in relation to any service.
The consumer complaint has to be filed in the district consumer court. You can claim damages as well as compensation from the court.
With respect to the procedure for filing a consumer complaint, you can visit the following website:
which lists out the format for filing a consumer complaint.
Your complaint should be filed in the District Forum by payment of a fee and in writing with a minimum of 5 copies. It is further suggested that you engage an Advocate to represent your case in a better manner.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Self acquired property of father was settled between sons
- Extra interest charged by a finance company.
- Final settlement cheque stopped by company. How to recover my dues?
- Procedure to transfer the ownership if owner died intestate
- Religion conversion to avoid divorce to do second marriage