quesNotice from company for breaking Indemnity Bond

I was working for a company that sent me abroad for training purposes. In the meanwhile, they made me sign an Indemnity Bond. I left the company without completing the duration of the bond.

I received a notice from the company a month and a half back asking me to deposit the bond amount and other expenses. I did not reply to this notice. Now I've received a notice from an Arbitrator to settle the dispute. What should I do now?

• ansDo attend all the arbitration proceedings and contest the petition. Keep in mind that you need to show a valid reason for your resigning.

While we need to know other facts about your query including important dates like the date of joining, date of signing the bond, date of resigning and so on, you must now defend yourself in the arbitration proceedings.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only