Company sending legal notice after leaving company 2 years later.
I have joined company but i left it after 3 months without even completing the probation period. As per our agreement i was required to pay salary for 1 month notice period. Now 2 years later i ahve received a legal notice from the company asking for 1 lakh 30 thousand ruppees from me. What should i do in such a situation?
Firstly did you pay your one month salary and even if you did not pay it, we prima facie dont think you are liable but it all depends on the terms of employment letter and whether and interest clause was there or not. One can give a definite answer only after seeing the papers.
Firstly did you pay your one month salary and even if you did not pay it I prima facie dont think you are liable but it all depends on the terms of employment letter and whether and interest clause was there or not.. one can give a definite answer only after seeing the papers.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
Money recovery can be filed within 3 years of falling due. To defend your case the employment letter/ agreement has to be seen. In any case only 1 month's salary can be claimed by the company.
Advocate Ashima PuriSaket District Court, Delhi
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Consent of child and family visa requirement
- Can a woman stay in live in relationship while going through divorce
- Can I cliam ancestral property transfer using registered will
- Compensation cheque despotied in lower court. How can i get it?
- Can In laws claim property when sister bought it for father