×

quesCompany sending legal notice after leaving company 2 years later.

I have joined company but i left it after 3 months without even completing the probation period. As per our agreement i was required to pay salary for 1 month notice period. Now 2 years later i ahve received a legal notice from the company asking for 1 lakh 30 thousand ruppees from me. What should i do in such a situation?

Firstly did you pay your one month salary and even if you did not pay it, we prima facie dont think you are liable but it all depends on the terms of employment letter and whether and interest clause was there or not. One can give  a definite answer only after seeing the papers.

• ansFirstly did you pay your one month salary and even if you did not pay it I prima facie dont think you are liable but it all depends on the terms of employment letter and whether and interest clause was there or not.. one can give a definite answer only after seeing the papers.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi

• ansMoney recovery can be filed within 3 years of falling due. To defend your case the employment letter/ agreement has to be seen. In any case only 1 month's salary can be claimed by the company.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi

• Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services