Company moving to another state. Can employee seek compensation?
I am working in an MNC in Noida unit and suddenly the company wants to close this unit and move all the employees from Noida to Chennai. But the team does not want to move to Chennai. From the team, one guy is physically challenged and dependent on parents and one lady is a single mother.
Is there any right of the employee on this case or what compensation should be taken by the employee if they don’t want to move to Chennai?
No, with respect to private companies, you cannot make any such claims. As the company has given you the option to either relocate or quit, you cannot claim compensation from the company if you do not want to move.
However, in special circumstances such as physical disablement or single mother, you can file a civil suit claiming compensation for the termination of services and the Court might grant compensation in such special circumstances.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- hindu-muslim marriage- special marriage act
- Married to cousin in temple now denying to marriage what can I do
- Mental torture by mother what can be done
- Can I send legal notice to opp party without lawyer's help
- Friend was absconding from service how can he get experience letter