Company moving to another state. Can employee seek compensation?
I am working in an MNC in Noida unit and suddenly the company wants to close this unit and move all the employees from Noida to Chennai. But the team does not want to move to Chennai. From the team, one guy is physically challenged and dependent on parents and one lady is a single mother.
Is there any right of the employee on this case or what compensation should be taken by the employee if they don’t want to move to Chennai?
No, with respect to private companies, you cannot make any such claims. As the company has given you the option to either relocate or quit, you cannot claim compensation from the company if you do not want to move.
However, in special circumstances such as physical disablement or single mother, you can file a civil suit claiming compensation for the termination of services and the Court might grant compensation in such special circumstances.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bail denied for third time in cyber crime case what to do
- Tenant ordered by court to vacate the premises how to remove him
- Can i quit after 2 days of signing the offer letter of a company
- Does sister hold equal right in property if father died before 2005
- Card expired bank refuse to refund the money what action to take