Company moving to another state. Can employee seek compensation?

I am working in an MNC in Noida unit and suddenly the company wants to close this unit and move all the employees from Noida to Chennai. But the team does not want to move to Chennai. From the team, one guy is physically challenged and dependent on parents and one lady is a single mother.

Is there any right of the employee on this case or what compensation should be taken by the employee if they don’t want to move to Chennai?

Answer

No, with respect to private companies, you cannot make any such claims. As the company has given you the option to either relocate or quit, you cannot claim compensation from the company if you do not want to move.

However, in special circumstances such as physical disablement or single mother, you can file a civil suit claiming compensation for the termination of services and the Court might grant compensation in such special circumstances.