Does expired insurance affect compensation in case of accident?
We didn't have an active insurance at the time of accident. We had a third party insurance which expired.
1) Will our expired insurance have any effect on the petition?
2) We had minor injuries but had our car completely damaged. Can we expect compensation for our damages and the mental strain we had gone through.
3) Is there any chance that the bus driver or owner be punished severely so that justice is done to us.
Your insurance policy has nothing to do with the compensation. You will have to file a petition under the Motor Vehicle Act in the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal wherein you will have to implead the private bus owner and the bus driver. If the bus had a third party insurance, then you will have to implead the Insurance Company, as one of the parties, to the Compensation Application which is to be filed before the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal.
However, since you did not have comprehensive insurance policy so you cannot claim insurance for the damages for your car.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can son have right over mother's property
- Mother sold property but incomplete sale deed they took possession
- what is the procedure to get legal heir certificate
- Can I get trademark for the name of my entertainment group
- I don't want to return to my inlaws. Only couple of months of marriage