Does expired insurance affect compensation in case of accident?

We didn't have an active insurance at the time of accident. We had a third party insurance which expired.

1) Will our expired insurance have any effect on the petition?

2) We had minor injuries but had our car completely damaged. Can we expect compensation for our damages and the mental strain we had gone through.

3) Is there any chance that the bus driver or owner be punished severely so that justice is done to us.

Answer

Your insurance policy has nothing to do with the compensation. You will have to file a petition under the Motor Vehicle Act in the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal wherein you will have to implead the private bus owner and the bus driver. If the bus had a third party insurance, then you will have to implead the Insurance Company, as one of the parties, to the Compensation Application which is to be filed before the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal.

However, since you did not have comprehensive insurance policy so you cannot claim insurance for the damages for your car. 

Popular Insurance Lawyers