What is the procedure to get custody of father for his treatment?
I had written a complaint to the Himachal High Court for obtaining the custody of my father for his treatment. Today, I received a reply by post from the Himachal High Court (Section Officer- PIL) mentioning: "I have been directed to advise you to seek appropriate remedy".
Please guide me, what does this mean. Can I go and claim the custody of my father on the basis of this letter?
You should write a letter to the SHO, therein specifying all your father's medical problems.
Further the remark "I have been directed to advise you to seek an appropriate remedy" means that you should take the appropriate legal action.
I advise you to write a letter to the SHO seeking permission to take your father for treatment on medical grounds. If the police authorities restrain you, then you can file a Writ Petition before the High Court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- foreclosure charges on overdraft facility from bank.
- Can a grandson claim a share in the property of his grandparents
- judges reserve their decision for future
- Carpenter refusing to do work after taking advance money
- Is the benami owner punishable under the new Act