quesWhat is the procedure to get custody of father for his treatment?

I had written a complaint to the Himachal High Court for obtaining the custody of my father for his treatment. Today, I received a reply by post from the Himachal High Court (Section Officer- PIL) mentioning: "I have been directed to advise you to seek appropriate remedy".


Please guide me, what does this mean. Can I go and claim the custody of my father on the basis of this letter?


  • ans

    You should write a letter to the SHO, therein specifying all your father's medical problems. 


    Further the remark  "I have been directed to advise you to seek an appropriate remedy" means that you should take the appropriate legal action.


    I advise you to write a letter to the SHO seeking permission to take your father for treatment on medical grounds. If the police authorities restrain you, then you can file a Writ Petition before the High Court.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

This is reference to subject to shared for family pension of my father who was…
Respected Sir/Ma'am, My father died on 18 sep 2008.Me and my mother shifted to city…
A father got two sons and a daughter ,a property of land father got died…
I want to leave home i earn 13000 per month my parents mentally torture and…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly