My mother sold my wife's jewelry and harasses her. What to do?
Can I take action against my mother who is troubling and threatening me and my wife? I have been married for 5 years and my mother keeps troubling my wife and me every now and then.
Soon after marriage she even took my wife's jewellery with her, only not to give it back to her. She also purchased some property after selling my wife's jewellery. Will I be able to get the money worth the jewellery sold and the property if I file a case against her?
Your spouse can file a case against Domestic Violence Act against your mother and she can also file a case under 498 IPC. Your spouse has the right over her stree dhan but she cannot claim anything out of the property of your mother.
To assist you better we will have to see the documents of the property your mother bought with that money.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What action can i take in continuous violence and drinking problem
- What is starting time of adverse possession and evidence to prove it
- Booked residential flat in pre launch now changed to commercial
- How to recover property dowry from husband not giving maintenance
- Possibility to avoid paying credit card charges and pay less amount?