land and property complications due to lack of clarity in Will
Hello. My father was the eldest son of the family. He had two brothers and four sisters.sadly my father passed away. And so did one of my uncle. Now,according to my grandfather's will; a commercial complex built by my grandpa has been divided among the three sons as 40% to us, and 30-30 % to the other two. After my father passed away, we had no idea how much rent we must get. Uncle sends us an amount but that too is not fixed. Moreover we have come to know that he has allowed a buisnessman to build the first floor of the complex without our knowing. Now I am old enough to fight so please help
If your grandfather has made a Will and given you 40% of share then you are a legal owner of the said portion.
We suggest that you can file suit for declaration thereby seeking your share and also file an application for temporary injunction on the property which implies, the property remains as it and no construction can be made by buisnessmen.
Sir, assuming the property was the self acquired property of your grandfather and assuming that he is no more, you have complete right to the extent of 40% in the property. If you are being denied your rightful share please take immediate steps to have the property partitioned and claim your share of 40%
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband torturing using abusive language what to do
- Party to partition suit who`s actual plaintiff and defendant have died
- Builder gave 4 parking spots to 10 people. Now what action possible?
- Unable to repay loan after father's death. What to do?
- Hammering by first floor person in a shopping complex.