×

quesHusband making investments in father's name. Do i have any share in it

I am a Hindu married woman. I had an arranged marriage 3 years ago. My husband and his father refuse to legally register our marriage. My husband hides his money matters from me and invests in property in his father's name. I am worried for my future . please guide.

In case you plan to file a maintenance case in future, you may get the investment structure from the CA of your husband and file the same in the DV Act. The documents showing the investments can be cited and accordingly maintenance will be awarded in your favour.

• ansI have dealt with a similar matter in the past. My client got the investment structure from the CA of her husband and when we filed in DV Act. The documents showing the investments were cited and accordingly maintenance was awarded in her favour.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi