dispute between father and step mother
this case is dispute between my father and step mother. my father 62 year old got major brain accident 3 years ago and got paralyzed. since his activities are not fully recovered my step mother 48year old asking us to give lumsum amount and make her seperate from my father. can she is asking us is legal by law? my father can walk and do his daily activity but cant understand other persons speech. my step mother has 2 divorse before.
As per your query, if your father is permanently paralyzed and has an incurable disease then your step mother can file for divorce in the court and ask for alimony from the court. She cannot force you to pay her any amount. The alimony has to be decided by court only in case of contested divorce. If you are ready for a mutual divorce then you can negotiate the alimony amount.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Rent payable after eAuction by customs department
- Husband separating me from my child, sent a divorce notice, what to do
- Lending money to a friend how can I bind him legally to pay back
- Property was granted to our grandfather 40 years back but not aloted
- Landlord filed a eviction petition against me