quesdispute between father and step mother

this case is dispute between my father and step mother. my father 62 year old got major brain accident 3 years ago and got paralyzed. since his activities are not fully recovered my step mother 48year old asking us to give lumsum amount and make her seperate from my father. can she is asking us is legal by law? my father can walk and do his daily activity but cant understand other persons speech. my step mother has 2 divorse before.

  • ansAs per your query, if your father is permanently paralyzed and has an incurable disease then your step mother can file for divorce in the court and ask for alimony from the court. She cannot force you to pay her any amount. The alimony has to be decided by court only in case of contested divorce. If you are ready for a mutual divorce then you can negotiate the alimony amount.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hii I am living in jaipur rajasthan and my parents living in a village of…
Is there any legal procedure or any document/draft through which i can, as an adult,…
want a happy healthy lifestyle in which family will come first in priority. can i make…
My son and my daughter-in-law were divorced in the year 2001 and the custody of…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Adovcate B. Srikiran

 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Sadanand Naik

  Gandhi Nagar
 Experience: 12 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly