×

quesdispute between father and step mother

this case is dispute between my father and step mother. my father 62 year old got major brain accident 3 years ago and got paralyzed. since his activities are not fully recovered my step mother 48year old asking us to give lumsum amount and make her seperate from my father. can she is asking us is legal by law? my father can walk and do his daily activity but cant understand other persons speech. my step mother has 2 divorse before.

• ansAs per your query, if your father is permanently paralyzed and has an incurable disease then your step mother can file for divorce in the court and ask for alimony from the court. She cannot force you to pay her any amount. The alimony has to be decided by court only in case of contested divorce. If you are ready for a mutual divorce then you can negotiate the alimony amount.