Compensation given for grandchildren.How to stop mother from using it?
Post my son's demise in a motor accident 2 years ago, my daughter in-law received a compensation from the MACT court wherein a separate compensation component was towards the maintenance and my 3 minor Grand children.
Now I feel that my daughter in-law is going to withdraw the money that was for the well-being of my Grand children and will not use it for their maintenance and they will suffer because of this.
What can I do to stop her from withdrawing this money?
Under Ideal cirmumstances, the mother of the children is the best caretaker of their needs and well-being and would take any action / inaction in the best interest of her children.
However, if you feel that this is not the case, and have strong reasons to believe that your daughter in-law may compromise with the money meant for the welfare of your grand children, you may file an application in the concerned court to stop her from encashing and releasing the FDR in her children's name.
Would also like to add here that under any case whatsoever, your daughter in-law will have to approach the concerned court to get the FD released and the court would not release the money unless it is satisfied and is of the view that the money is required at this moment for the welfare, benefit and upbringing of the children.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Divorce case pending from 3 years can I settle out of court
- Elder brother beats me over small discussions What action can I take
- penalty on leaving medical seat
- how to file a defamation case as someone beat me
- Whats is procedure for freehold after vendor signature on CD