×

quesCompensation given for grandchildren.How to stop mother from using it?

Post my son's demise in a motor accident 2 years ago, my daughter in-law received a compensation from the MACT court wherein a separate compensation component was towards the maintenance and my 3 minor Grand children.

Now I feel that my daughter in-law is going to withdraw the money that was for the well-being of my Grand children and will not use it for their maintenance and they will suffer because of this.

What can I do to stop her from withdrawing this money?

Under Ideal cirmumstances, the mother of the children is the best caretaker of their needs and well-being and would take any action / inaction in the best interest of her children.

However, if you feel that this is not the case, and have strong reasons to believe that your daughter in-law may compromise with the money meant for the welfare of your grand children, you may file an application in the concerned court to stop her from encashing and releasing the FDR in her children's name.

Would also like to add here that under any case whatsoever, your daughter in-law will have to approach the concerned court to get the FD released and the court would not release the money unless it is satisfied and is of the view that the money is required at this moment for the welfare, benefit and upbringing of the children.