×

quesBoy wants to marry his mausi's daughter. How can we avoid it?

A boy want to marry his mother's sister's daughter. He forcing his mother's sister to do the marriage. The girl is also completely influenced by the boy and is speaking the favor of the boy. Boy is not of the age of 21 years and the age of the girl is 20 years. What can the mother do to stop the marriage? Both the boy and girl are Hindu.

According to section 3(g) of Hindu Marriage Act (Prohibited Relationship) - if the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters.

According to the above facts, both are come under prohibited relationship (brother and sister). The marriage cannot be possible.

If they marry, then we suggest that you can challenge the marriage and thereby seeking a decree of null and void

• ansHi,

I would advise you that the best course would be to get this matter resolved at family level only by having words with the boy's family and in the extreme case if the boy is not of 21 years of age then u can report the matter to the police...

Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

Uday Park, Delhi