quesBoy wants to marry his mausi's daughter. How can we avoid it?

A boy want to marry his mother's sister's daughter. He forcing his mother's sister to do the marriage. The girl is also completely influenced by the boy and is speaking the favor of the boy. Boy is not of the age of 21 years and the age of the girl is 20 years. What can the mother do to stop the marriage? Both the boy and girl are Hindu.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans

      According to section 3(g) of Hindu Marriage Act (Prohibited Relationship) - if the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters.

      According to the above facts, both are come under prohibited relationship (brother and sister). The marriage cannot be possible.

      If they marry, then we suggest that you can challenge the marriage and thereby seeking a decree of null and void

    • ansHi,

      I would advise you that the best course would be to get this matter resolved at family level only by having words with the boy's family and in the extreme case if the boy is not of 21 years of age then u can report the matter to the police...

      Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

        Uday Park, Delhi

    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    Consult best Family lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    My sister son got married & the girl stayed for 3 days & went back…
    My dad has an ancestral agricultural land for which pody is not yet done by…
    Hi Sir , , I would like to know how the partition on Grandfather's property…
    My brother got married 8 years ago since then we being tortured by his wife…

    Family Lawyers in India

    Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

      Shree Ram Nagar
     Experience: 11 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    Advocate Ayantika Mondal

     Experience: 8 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly