What to marry a French nationality girl who is in India with me.
I am in a relationship with a girl who is a french national and is presently in India. I want to get married to her. What all documentation do i require? Do i need any approval from embassy?
Since she is not a citizen of India, so you will have to get married under Sepcial Married Act.Application form / Notice duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
• Documentary evidence of date of birth of both parties (Matriculation Certificate/ Passport/ Birth Certificate).
• Documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of one of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO, Police Station).
• Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving: Date of birth, Present marital status: unmarried/widower/ divorcee, Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act, Citizenship, and Parties intent to marry with each others
• Passport size photographs of both parties (3 copies each) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
• Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
• In case of a foreign national, a no objection certificate from the concerned Embassy regarding his / her present status.
• Some countries insist for proof of proceeding of civil marriage & marriage ability certificate of Indian fiance before granting visa to a foreign national to visit / stay in India for marriage.
• Foreign national who intent to stay in India for long time after marriage should know before marriage about grant of citizenship of India and about profession / tax liability.
Advocate Sudershani RayKailash Hills, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to transfer proprietorship from mothers name to my name
- What is the procedure for ending marriage
- Does my kids have share in grandfather's property
- Can I file a case u/s 420 IPC and sec. 138 simultaneously
- Husband left me for another woman, What are my rights?