Wife left the house, not ready to comeback. What are the legal options
We are Hindu at Patna, Bihar. My elder brother's wife left his home and moved to her parent's house on occasion of Holi but now she refused to comeback in law's house. It's been almost 9 months of marriage. She did several times such behaviour. Even her mother created some scene at my home . As a result, my brother never goes to in law's house but never stop his wife to go her home & meet family. Now as she doesn't want to come back. What we should do? Do we go for any legal step or else? Please suggest. No dowry was involved in this marriage.
You should file conjugal right for u/s-9 before family court accroing to the Hindu marriagd act 1955.court will issue notice to call and try to start your conjugail life once again after knowning whole facts.if she does not want to reside with you than jointly both of you shall file also a divorce petition after passing one yea as per direction by honble principal judge of family court.
Advocate RK GoswamiHigh Court, Patna
You can file Restoration of conjugal right case in family Court Patna. In this case court issue notice to wife to live the matrimonial life with the husband.
If she even though denies in court or not appear in court.
Then the husband is eligible and have enough ground to get Divorce from wife
Advocate Abhay KumarNaya Tola, Patna
Since its only 9 months of marriage u can not file divorce against her . as per the remedies available in law ur brother can file case of restitution of conjungal right if u want to bring her back. Another thing u can do is that u can file a informatory petition before cjm Patna telling all the situation just for precaution.
Advocate Ratnesh KumarCivil Court, Patna, Patna
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- father was murdered port mortem report does not show any evidence
- How can I claim my father's job on compassionate grounds
- Fraud / wrong information given before issuing Credit card by bank
- Employee signed agreement for one year can we terminate before 1 year
- Previous company accusing me of disclosing information to competitors