quesWife left the house, not ready to comeback. What are the legal options

We are Hindu at Patna, Bihar. My elder brother's wife left his home and moved to her parent's house on occasion of Holi but now she refused to comeback in law's house. It's been almost 9 months of marriage. She did several times such behaviour. Even her mother created some scene at my home . As a result, my brother never goes to in law's house but never stop his wife to go her home & meet family. Now as she doesn't want to come back. What we should do? Do we go for any legal step or else? Please suggest. No dowry was involved in this marriage.

  • ansYou should file conjugal right for u/s-9 before family court accroing to the Hindu marriagd act 1955.court will issue notice to call and try to start your conjugail life once again after knowning whole facts.if she does not want to reside with you than jointly both of you shall file also a divorce petition after passing one yea as per direction by honble principal judge of family court.

    Advocate RK Goswami

      High Court, Patna

  • ansYou can file Restoration of conjugal right case in family Court Patna. In this case court issue notice to wife to live the matrimonial life with the husband.
    If she even though denies in court or not appear in court.
    Then the husband is eligible and have enough ground to get Divorce from wife

    Advocate Abhay Kumar

      Naya Tola, Patna

  • ansSince its only 9 months of marriage u can not file divorce against her . as per the remedies available in law ur brother can file case of restitution of conjungal right if u want to bring her back. Another thing u can do is that u can file a informatory petition before cjm Patna telling all the situation just for precaution.

    Advocate Ratnesh Kumar

      Civil Court, Patna, Patna

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have been married for 3 years now. We do not share any physical relationship.…

we got married in a hindu way our marriage is not registered.I and my husband…

Myself and my wife had been married for around 10 years under Hindu Marriage Act…

I file divorce, wife file rcr section 9 ,after taking money of rs 8 lakh…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly