×

quesWife left the house, not ready to comeback. What are the legal options

We are Hindu at Patna, Bihar. My elder brother's wife left his home and moved to her parent's house on occasion of Holi but now she refused to comeback in law's house. It's been almost 9 months of marriage. She did several times such behaviour. Even her mother created some scene at my home . As a result, my brother never goes to in law's house but never stop his wife to go her home & meet family. Now as she doesn't want to come back. What we should do? Do we go for any legal step or else? Please suggest. No dowry was involved in this marriage.

• ansYou should file conjugal right for u/s-9 before family court accroing to the Hindu marriagd act 1955.court will issue notice to call and try to start your conjugail life once again after knowning whole facts.if she does not want to reside with you than jointly both of you shall file also a divorce petition after passing one yea as per direction by honble principal judge of family court.

Advocate RK Goswami

High Court, Patna

• ansYou can file Restoration of conjugal right case in family Court Patna. In this case court issue notice to wife to live the matrimonial life with the husband.
      If she even though denies in court or not appear in court.
      Then the husband is eligible and have enough ground to get Divorce from wife

Advocate Abhay Kumar

Naya Tola, Patna

• ansSince its only 9 months of marriage u can not file divorce against her . as per the remedies available in law ur brother can file case of restitution of conjungal right if u want to bring her back. Another thing u can do is that u can file a informatory petition before cjm Patna telling all the situation just for precaution.

Advocate Ratnesh Kumar

Civil Court, Patna, Patna

• Fixed Cost Family / Matrimonial Services Starting From Rs.499/- only