can the jewellery given to my daughter be taken back
I got married in 2000 and got divorced in Jun-2001 through mutual consent. We have a daughter age 6 yrs, who stays with me. In Dec-2001 my ex-mother-in-law expired. Me and my daughter attended and did all her last rites as my daughter was very much attached to her. As per late mother-in-law's wish, my ex-father-in-law gave my daughter his wife's jewellery. My ex-husband got remarried in 2009. As per court's order, he is suppose to pay me alimony every month, which he did regularly untill now. He is also suppose to take care of my daughter's expenses. I don't bother him for small things except her education expense. Now, this year when I asked him to pay the fees, he replied us to sell his mother's jewellery and pay the fees, which obviously I don't want to do as it has sentiments attached. My question is, can he force me to return the jewellery for his second wife or sell the same to substitute alimony and daughter's expense?
jewellery what your daughter is received according to wishes of your mother in law and it is gift, so your ex-husband has no right to claim the jewels and if he did not pay the maintenance then you have to approach the court by way of execution as he has to follow the order of the court and if he failed to pay the education expenses of the daughter.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife did not appear for divorce proceedings. Can she challenge it?
- can any legal action be taken against me while protecting women?
- Different name on different documents how to change it
- Filed mutual divorce husband withdrew consent on second motion
- ROAD MADE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY WITH OUT OWNERS PERMISSION