quescan i file divorce in mumbai

Can i file divorce in Mumbai as i was married in Goa but me and my husband both reside in Mumbai. are there any christian laws as well? after how long can i get married after divorcing my husband

  • ansMadam,
    You can file petition in Mumbai as you both lastly resided in Mumbai. And if you presently residing in Goa their also you can file the petition. You being Christian can file petition n seek divorce under relevant act.

    Advocate Pramod Kale

      District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansYou did n't said the ground by which way you will filed petition..if there is mutual consent than you can filed divorce petition..but if there is any ground like cruelty or etc..than it will be complicated to prove if it has been happened previously in goa ..or...else..You can marriage after any day when order of divorce petition granted..if..it is mutually.otherwise..after appeal period ..you can marry ..if devorce has been taken against spouse by some another grounds...

    Advocate Ganesh Alandikar

      Baramati, Pune

  • ansYes, being the last residing place I.e. Mumbai, you can file divorce petition at Mumbai. There is a separate Christian Act but nothing to worry as Mumbai court is having jurisdiction. Once you are divorced by court order you can remarry .

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had applied for mutual consent divorce and first motion is completed in Jan 2017…
My wife is very hyper and emotional, small small things at home and her stress…

I am hindu my husband ask me for divorce nd not gvining me maintaince i…

my wife want Alimony from me but in reality i want my wife back i…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly