can i file divorce in mumbai
Can i file divorce in Mumbai as i was married in Goa but me and my husband both reside in Mumbai. are there any christian laws as well? after how long can i get married after divorcing my husband
You can file petition in Mumbai as you both lastly resided in Mumbai. And if you presently residing in Goa their also you can file the petition. You being Christian can file petition n seek divorce under relevant act.
Advocate Pramod KaleDistrict Court, Shivajinagar, Pune
You did n't said the ground by which way you will filed petition..if there is mutual consent than you can filed divorce petition..but if there is any ground like cruelty or etc..than it will be complicated to prove if it has been happened previously in goa ..or...else..You can marriage after any day when order of divorce petition granted..if..it is mutually.otherwise..after appeal period ..you can marry ..if devorce has been taken against spouse by some another grounds...
Advocate Ganesh AlandikarBaramati, Pune
Yes, being the last residing place I.e. Mumbai, you can file divorce petition at Mumbai. There is a separate Christian Act but nothing to worry as Mumbai court is having jurisdiction. Once you are divorced by court order you can remarry .
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i file for divorce without my actual presence
- Correction in LR-RS plot records information
- Woman born and married prior to 1956 is eligible to claim property ?
- Want to file for mutual divorce contested already pending in HC
- Query on Builder's demand of interest over Service Tax