quesBoyfriend breaking up with me. How can i sue him?

I was in live in relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years. During our relationship I had to go through 1 abortion and 1 miscarriage due to which 1 fallopian tube was removed. Now my boyfriend though supporting me now wishes to breakup with me. He is very money minded and I wish to sue him for the mental trauma that I suffered due to the miscarriage and abortion. How should I proceed about it? What all can I do legally?

• ansRecent judgements of the Supreme Court lays down guidelines recognising rights in a live in relationship and has provided clarification on the definition of domestic relationship under the Domestic Violence Act. Keeping in view the nature of relationship you and your partner have shared in the last 2 years you would be entitled to benefits under the provision of the Domestic Violence Act 2005. You could also seek protection relief under the Indian Penal Code subject to consideration of the facts in the matter. 

• ansYou can file case under DV Act and also for maintenance. but you should have lived together in same house, you should have enough source of evidenc to prove you both stayed under same roof, also proff of abortion and miscarriage. You can also file a cheating case against him.

Advocate Vivekanand Jalde

M.G. Road, Bangalore

Advocate Praneeta Sharma

Saiyad Ul Ajaib, Delhi