Wife not allowing to meet children. How to get their custody?
i have two children ,staying with my wife but she is not allowing me to meet with them,since two years , now i m going to file a divorce but she still dont want to let me meet with my children , so is there any right with which i can meet with my children
Yes you have right of visitation i.e. to visit your children and you can file a petition for their custody to be given to you as well.
Assuming you are Hindus
As under the the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, the ‘natural guardian of a Hindu minor, in respect of the minor’s person as well as in respect of the minor’s property in the case of a boy or unmarried girl is the father, and after him, the mother.
It is provided that the custody of a minor who has not completed the age of five years shall ordinarily be with the mother.
So if your children are below the age of 5 years then it might be difficult for you to get their custody but you can always have visitation rights.
Click here to find the best Child Custody lawyer in your city.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My wife moved to high court after judgement on divorce by lower court
- I want to file divorce and maintenance and child custody case (Hindu)
- Can I ride bike without NOC for two months
- How can I get custody of my child after divorce
- Want to purchase a car by paying 50% amount in cash to avoid tax