quesWife not allowing to meet children. How to get their custody?

i have two children ,staying with my wife but she is not allowing me to meet with them,since two years , now i m going to file a divorce but she still dont want to let me meet with my children , so is there any right with which i can meet with my children

  • ans

    Yes you have right of visitation i.e. to visit your children and you can file a petition for their custody to be given to you as well.


    Assuming you are Hindus

    As under the the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, the ‘natural guardian of a Hindu minor, in respect of the minor’s person as well as in respect of the minor’s property in the case of a boy or unmarried girl is the father, and after him, the mother. 


    It is provided that the custody of a minor who has not completed the age of five years shall ordinarily be with the mother.

    So if your children are below the age of 5 years then it might be difficult for you to get their custody but you can always have visitation rights.


    Click here to find the best Child Custody lawyer in your city.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

Girl Child is now 12years old and I am divorced, did not have to give…
hi mam/sir, I want to know how can I meet my baby if my wife…

If ex husband told in front of court to give the mantanence of child but…

I am working lady and has left my 1 year child at my parents house…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly