×

quesWife not allowing to meet children. How to get their custody?

i have two children ,staying with my wife but she is not allowing me to meet with them,since two years , now i m going to file a divorce but she still dont want to let me meet with my children , so is there any right with which i can meet with my children

Yes you have right of visitation i.e. to visit your children and you can file a petition for their custody to be given to you as well.

Assuming you are Hindus

As under the the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act, the ‘natural guardian of a Hindu minor, in respect of the minor’s person as well as in respect of the minor’s property in the case of a boy or unmarried girl is the father, and after him, the mother. 

It is provided that the custody of a minor who has not completed the age of five years shall ordinarily be with the mother.

So if your children are below the age of 5 years then it might be difficult for you to get their custody but you can always have visitation rights.

Click here to find the best Child Custody lawyer in your city.