Permanent legal guardianship of child
My daughter was born via surrogacy. I am a naturalized American citizen with Overseas Citizen of India status, and my daughter is also therefore an American citizen and an OCI. My partner is an American citizen by birth, and we are in India frequently for months at a time for work or visiting family.
What legal documents are required to grant permanent legal guardianship in India of my daughter to my partner so that he can take decisions about her health care, money matters etc. in my absence, and act like her parent in these matters?
For legal guardianship, there is special act has been enacted Guardian and wards act. One can file petition for legal guardianship before concerned district court and can obtain the guardianship after due process of law.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
Your partner shall make application for guardianship before concerned court of law where he is presently residing and you shall give your consent for the same. The decree passed by the concerned court can be relied upon before concerned authorities herein india.
Advocate Pawan PandeTamarind Lane, Mumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Employee State insurance facility applicable in central govt. offices?
- Is it compulsory to pay court fee
- My uncle is not giving back my father property what to do.
- brothers wanting share in property from father
- Car impounded by the police with No FIR for the accident