quesPermanent legal guardianship of child

My daughter was born via surrogacy. I am a naturalized American citizen with Overseas Citizen of India status, and my daughter is also therefore an American citizen and an OCI. My partner is an American citizen by birth, and we are in India frequently for months at a time for work or visiting family.

What legal documents are required to grant permanent legal guardianship in India of my daughter to my partner so that he can take decisions about her health care, money matters etc. in my absence, and act like her parent in these matters?

• ansFor legal guardianship, there is special act has been enacted Guardian and wards act. One can file petition for legal guardianship before concerned district court and can obtain the guardianship after due process of law.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansYour partner shall make application for guardianship before concerned court of law where he is presently residing and you shall give your consent for the same. The decree passed by the concerned court can be relied upon before concerned authorities herein india.

Advocate Pawan Pande

Tamarind Lane, Mumbai