quesIf divorce happens.Can husband deny financial responsibility of child?

I need to know about child custody, if divorce happens. What about his future, all expenses etc. What if my in laws and husband deny taking child responsibility, and its difficult for me to feed the baby in this situation? How to secure his / her life?


  • ans


    If the child is below 5 years of age, then the court in most of the circumstances, grants the custody to the mother, and if the child is a girl child, even then the court prefers that the mother should have the custody of the child.


    However, if the child is above five years of age, then the court, in view of the various circustances, can grant the custody to either of the parents.


    In any case whatsoever, the father of the child cannot evade the expenses for the maintainance of the child and wife.


    In case of a Divorce, the father can be made to pay the permanent alimony for the wife and the child's expenses.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

couple has been living separately in their parents house after 6 months from their marriage…

I am,a mother of child who,is 4 yrs old my inlaws and husband had deserted…

In mediation if my husband agree to give child custody and made agreement for mutual…
My wife died after giving birth to child.after cremation my inlaws took away. I want…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly