If divorce happens.Can husband deny financial responsibility of child?
I need to know about child custody, if divorce happens. What about his future, all expenses etc. What if my in laws and husband deny taking child responsibility, and its difficult for me to feed the baby in this situation? How to secure his / her life?
If the child is below 5 years of age, then the court in most of the circumstances, grants the custody to the mother, and if the child is a girl child, even then the court prefers that the mother should have the custody of the child.
However, if the child is above five years of age, then the court, in view of the various circustances, can grant the custody to either of the parents.
In any case whatsoever, the father of the child cannot evade the expenses for the maintainance of the child and wife.
In case of a Divorce, the father can be made to pay the permanent alimony for the wife and the child's expenses.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Discharging the duties of a revenue officer
- What is the procedure for divorce.
- 11 yr old boy eye damaged while playing in school who is liable?
- Amendment in Rajasthan Transport Service Sub Ordinary Rule 1963
- Wife does not want to work but employer asking for 3 month salary